Pages

Can You Help Me? New Student Reader

I'm excited to share the news that I just added a new title to my Emergent Student Readers-Set 1!

"Can You Help Me?" is a reader about a little boy who can not find his bat.  I know many kids will be able to relate to losing track of an item or two!
While reading, students will practice:
~  the sight words:  the, see, can, you, no, I, in, on, is, it, me, my, look, & like
~  concept of word
~  1:1 correspondence when reading
~  use of picture clues when reading
~ identification of basic punctuation and how it influences fluency

Don't forget, I have added this title to my Emergent Student Readers-Set 1, so if you've already purchased the set, head over to download it again!

If you want to learn more about the other Emergent Student Readers I have created, click on the "Student Readers" tab on the top right of my page or on the "Student Readers" Label on the right.