Pages

Emergent Student Book-My 5 Senses

My little one has such a thirst for learning.  She loves learning about letters, words, numbers, science, art, etc...  She has asked if we could read more books about what is inside our bodies.  In addition to the books we have taken home from the library that I will read to her, I created a new Emergent Student Book called, "My 5 Senses" for her to read to me.
I created the book to have somewhat of a predictable pattern, but I varied it a little bit to ensure that she is focusing on the words as she reads and not just memorizing the words by the pattern. Because it is important for her as an emergent reader to develop concept of word, I included dots under each word to encourage her to point to each word as she reads. 

To allow my little one to take ownership of the book, I decided not to include any graphics throughout the book.  Instead, I have asked her to be the illustrator!  This allows her to make it her own as she illustrates each page.


Click on the picture below to access your shop of choice.  The download includes the Emergent Student Book along with sight word flash cards to help reinforce the high-frequency words repeated throughout the book.















The Common Core Learning Standards addressed in this activity include the following:  

K.RS.FS.1:   Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
K.RS.FS.1a:  Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
K.RS.FS.1b:  Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequence of letters.
K.RS.FS.1c:  Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
K.RS.FS.3:  Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words
K.RS.FS.3a:  Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
K.RS.FS.3c:  Read common high-frequency words by sight.
K.RS.FS.4:  Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.



This Emergent Student Book is similar to the Emergent Student Readers I have created.  Instead of being on a single page, it is set up as a book.
If you missed them, you can check them out by clicking on the pictures below:
and

I am not sure what is happening in your neck of the woods, but it has been absolutely beautiful here.  Because of that, I have been very unproductive when it has come to getting things done!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!!