Pages

Favorite Thanksgiving Books With FREEBIES

I am linking up with two linky parties, sharing my Favorite Thanksgiving Book over with Tamara on TBA and also with Learning With Mrs. Parker.

I actually have two favorite Thanksgiving books with FREE printables to go along with them.  

Both of the books I love have a turkey who is scared to death of being eaten for Thanksgiving.  They both have great humor and the kids love them.


The first one is Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
After reading this book, I will have my kinders and first graders identify their favorite part. They will draw a picture and then write about it.  There are two documents, one with the words "I like when" and one without words.  Both have the Handwriting Without Tears Lines.



The second one is A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting
I wrote the main story events on little sentence strips.  After reading this book, I would have my second graders read through the sentence strips and place them in the correct sequence to practice retelling the story.  Once done, they would read the "story" back to me.
Enjoy!!